Spring is 2/3 of the way through and temperatures are already soaring in our area. With summer not very far off and most homeowners already using their air conditioners pretty significantly, it’s important to ensure that your cooling system is in good condition and ready for the coming months. This means that it’s time to arrange for your annual air conditioning tune up in Port Neches, TX if you haven’t already.
“Do I Really Need Maintenance Every Year?”
If you don’t want any air conditioning trouble this coming summer, then yes, you do. Your AC system might continue to work through the summer without a tune-up, but at what cost? We strongly recommend having this service done every spring (and every fall too, if you have a heat pump), as does the U.S. Department of Energy. But why is it so important?
- Maintenance Protects Against Premature System Failure: The biggest problem you can face with your cooling system is for it to stop working when you need it the most. An air conditioner that doesn’t have a tune-up before the summer heat reaches its peak has a much higher risk of breaking down under stress. Knowing that your air conditioner is protected against a catastrophic failure is a huge stress relievers as well as a hot-weather reliever!
- Tune-Ups Reduce Repair Costs and Inconveniences: Would you believe that you can prevent 85% of the repairs your cooling system might need throughout its lifespan? It is possible, with regular tune-ups. Maintenance keeps away the majority of repair troubles your air conditioner might encounter over the years, saving you money and convenience.
- Extend Your Cooling System’s Lifespan: For the best return on your initial cooling system investment, your air conditioner must give you 10-15 years of effective service (this is the average lifespan of most air conditioners). This number can drop as low as 8 years without maintenance, which is a substantial difference.
- Improve Energy Efficiency: The efficiency of your air conditioner is a measurement of how well it converts electrical power into cooling output. This measurement is known as SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio). The higher the SEER rating, the less costly the air conditioner will be to run. Routine maintenance stops your system’s SEER rating from rapidly declining, and your air conditioner should be able to maintain 95% of its efficiency throughout its lifespan.
- Improve AC Operation: Having your air conditioner thoroughly cleaned is an important part of professional maintenance. It helps your air conditioner operate better since there is nothing blocking the airflow. It’s also important to note here that changing your air filter is another way to improve your AC operation—you should be doing this on your own every 1-3 months during periods of use.
- Protect Your System Warranty: For many air conditioners, for the warranty to remain valid, the system must have professional maintenance done once a year. This may be reason enough alone for you to invest in such a service, since in the long run it will save you money.
Don’t hesitate, contact Air Services Unlimited today for exceptional customer service. We appreciate this opportunity to earn your business!