When we think about indoor comfort, we typically think about the basics we need to be content: central air conditioning, heating, and comfortable furniture. But comfortable indoor air means more than air that is just the right temperature.
The quality of the air you breathe every day is just as important to your home comfort, but it is often overlooked. Yet, did you know that, according to the EPA, your indoor air quality may be up to 5 times worse than the quality of the air outside?
Poor indoor air quality can affect your family members in many ways. Learn more about what may be wrong with the air quality in your home in the following guide and what you may be able to do about it.
Common Indoor Air Quality Issues
You do your best to keep the family healthy when you’re in your home. But one common obstacle is the air your family members breathe each and every day. There are a number of issues that may worsen the quality of your air.
- Volatile Organic Compounds – Gases from things like paint, pesticides, aerosol sprays, and certain furnishings.
- Allergens – This includes things like pollen, pet dander, and mold spores.
- Germs – Bacteria and viruses in the air can make people in the home sick over and over again.
- Humidity (or Lack of Humidity) – Low humidity levels are especially troublesome, since dried-out sinuses can make it more likely that you get sick, or can make illnesses last for longer.
Chances are high that your home does not have the level of indoor air quality you would like for your family’s health and comfort. And the problem is worse if someone in the family has a preexisting illness, or if there are elderly residents or small children in your home.
Whole-Home Indoor Air Quality Solutions
The standard home air filter won’t do much to resolve your worst air quality issues. The smallest particles can often still get through the standard home’s air filter, but these are the ones you need to protect your family from the most.
And a portable air purifier is not the right option either. You need a whole-home system that hooks up to your ducts so that the air keeping your comfortable is also healthy. Check out your options, and call an HVAC technician for more information about the systems available in your area.
- Whole-home air filtration – A more complex system than the standard air filter, whole-home air filtration systems have a larger surface area to trap more contaminants without impeding airflow.
- Air purifier – Many air purifiers charge particles so that they become attracted to a surface of the opposite charge, which keeps them out of the air you breather.
- Ultraviolet light – A UV light system is installed in your HVAC system, and it kills off germs like bacteria and viruses that make you sick. That way, they can do no harm.
Don’t hesitate, call Air Services Unlimited today for exceptional customer service. We appreciate this opportunity to earn your business! Save $200 dollars on a UV light and whole-home filtration system through 2/28/2017 if you need better indoor air quality in the Nederland area. Call for details.